Wednesday, January 15, 2014 - , , , 0 comments

Dr. Oz 3-Day Detox (pt. 2)

For those of you considering doing this cleanse, here are a few tips. 

Breakfast

  • Probably the best drink in the bunch
  • Can use fresh and frozen berries
  • Used ground Flax meal - seemed the same
  • Used natural peanut butter instead because I had it
  • Use only the juice of the lemon

Lunch

  • Celery: If using the bagged celery stalks most grocery stores sell, use only two stalks and chop into small pieces
  • Cucumber: Peel it and remove the seeds.  I opted to add half and slice the rest as a snack
  • Kale: Remove stem and only add the leaf.  
  • Apple: I did not peel it 
  • Lime: DO NOT ADD THE FLESH!  It makes the entire drink bitter. Simply add the juice.
  • Coconut Oil: Heat it or add it as a solid. I didn't notice a difference
  • Pineapple:  I used canned (no heavy syrup!)

Snack


The plan calls for a snack smoothie.  It can be a duplicate of your favorite drink.  I opted for cucumber slices and a banana.  You underestimate how much you enjoy chewing your food until your drinking everything! If you decide to include a snack, plan your shopping trip accordingly.  Those extra ingredients are not considered in the pre-made shopping list.

Dinner

  • Cayenne Pepper: Odd addition and over powers the entire flavor of the smoothie.  I decided to omit the spice on days 2 and 3
  • Mango: Take some time to pick out a good one.  A tasty mango makes this drink taste even better
  • Lemon: Like the lime, only add the juice.  



Overall Reaction

Many people weigh themselves before they start this cleanse.  I, however, did not.  Although I was motivated by weight loss, I did it for the challenge and the experience.  In the process, I learned a lot about my eating preferences and highlighted the areas in my diet that I needed to improve.  I was also introduced to kale, coconut oil and almond milk. Kale isn't on my shopping list (yet) but I appreciate it for it's health benefits.  

The most important thing I accomplished was jump starting my healthy eating initiative.  I found myself making healthier food choices during the weekend and didn't succumb to my cravings as easily.  

0 comments:

Favorite Quotes

'Blessed are those who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.' -- Anonymous

Weekly hits

SearchThisSite